Thursday, February 12, 2009

Farewell Seven Mike Echo

Unfortunately for me there are many reasons why I have not flown since January 22nd. It has been a combination of weather and personal issues that has kept me away. Once I can get my universe back into balance, no small feat I'm afraid, I hope to resume flying with all speed and haste.
I use a website called FlightAware. I have it set up to email me if certain aircraft are flying on an IFR flight plane. As I had mentioned previously, the flight school where I received my primary training had gone out of business. There aircraft, as far a I could tell, sat dormant on the ramp at Tipton. Two of these aircraft were "old friends" of mine. I soloed in N194SP and flew it for a total of 35 hours. The other was N317ME. I took my checkride in the aircraft and went on to fly it a total of 36.9 hours, the most of any other tail number. I enjoyed my time on both aircraft and was saddened to see that Seven Mike Echo recently flew IFR to Ohio. I can only assume the airplane has been sold to a new owner and I'll probably never get to fly it again. I'm not really surprised and I suppose it is best that someone should fly it rather than letting it sit on a ramp and be neglected. I'm going to try and keep track of where it ends up. I'm sure that soon Four Sierra Papa will meet the same fate.
Perhaps if I win the lottery one day I can buy one of the planes and restore it. Wouldn't that be nice.

No comments: